Love lactose free life sell a good range of festive chocolates, their site is well worth a look!
alotofchocolates is a website that sells many dairy free chocolates and soya free chocolates.
- Moo Free dairy & soya free advent calendar made with rice milk. Available online, in health food stores and Waitrose.
- Plamil dairy & soya free advent calendar made with rice.
- Celtic dairy free advent calendar - contains soya. Available from a wide range of online stores and ASDA.
there are dairy free Wines sold in most supermarkets. Milk is one of the main products used in the filtration process. Only buy wines that have allergy information on the label. If it says "contains Casein" or "Not suitable for milk allergy sufferers" avoid as this is one of the proteins found in cow's milk, along with whey. If you also need to avoid Gluten there are gluten free Lagers & Beers sold online - see Green's Gluten Free Beers and Hambleton Ales
All of the brands below have a range of weaning and finger foods suitable for most diets. As always check labels before you buy, or if in doubt contact the companies directly for up to date lists of foods to suit your babies special diet.
Beer see Alcohol
Birthday Cakes - see our resources page for links and details of local businesses, if you would like your own business including please contact us
Unless you need to avoid gluten, you don't need to buy biscuits form the free from section. Try looking at the supermarkets own basic versions there are a lot that are dairy free, and some soya free too. In general Bourbon, Rich Tea, Digestive and Oat biscuits are dairy and soya free, but as with everything else always check before you buy as there are some that DO contain milk and/or soya.
- Jammy Dodgers - Original DF SF EF
- Fox's Party Rings - DF EF
Top Tip - Melt some MooFree chocolate and spread it on digestive biscuits to make chocolate digestives!
If you require a gluten free diet check the free from section at your supermarket, there are some great new products on the market in all the big supermarkets, including co-op.Orgran do a range of free from home baking products available on prescription as do Ener-G, but these are only available on prescription if your child has a confirmed Wheat/Gluten allergy, you can buy them from online and health food shops.Unfortunately for soya allergy there isn't any prescription bread, and often gluten free bread contains soya rather than wheat. There are a handful of supermarket breads that are suitable, if you know one which isn't listed please let us know and we'll add it to the list!
- Tesco Wheatfield Wholemeal seeded batch, & Finest Farmhouse Multigrain Batch - DF SF EF
- Aldi White bloomer loaf (Geary's bakery) - DF SF EF
- Hovis "seed sensation" - DF SF
Top Tip - Tortilla wraps and Bagels make a good alternative if you can't buy bread, or invest in a bread maker and bake your own, or try part baked baguettes and rolls!
A lot of supermarket own brands can be dairy and soya free, below are some of the top 3 cereal company's dairy and soya free cereals, if you click on the red links it will take you to the product or allergen information on their websites, this list is no exhaustive there are many more dairy and soya free cereals!
- Coco Pops/rocks/choc n roll/moons & stars,DF SF
- Frosted Wheats, Raisin Wheats, Mini Max Originals, DF SF
- Cornflakes (normal/chocolate), DF SF
- Rice Krispies (normal/multigrain original & strawberry),DF SF
- Fruit Loops. DF SF
- Cheerios (original/honey/chocolate), DF SF
- Shreddies (original/frosted/honey/chocolate/choco orange). DF SF
- Shreaded Wheat (bitesize, fruitfull, honey nut) DF SF
- Oatibix DF SF
- Weetabix DF SF
- Weetabix Chocolate, Golden syrup DF SF
- Weetabix Organic DF SF
Gluten Free cereal is available in supermarket free from sections, and also from online stockists, see the FFF directory for GF brands.
Butter see Margarine
Free from foods matter have a directory of free from cakes and baking mixes to cover most allergies, see the link on the right.
- Betty Crocker Devils Food Cake Mix - DF SF EF
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix - DF SF EF
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Swirl Cake Mix - DF SF EF
- Betty Crocker Carrot Cake Mix - DF SF EF
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix DF EF
- Betty Crocker Maple Syrup Cookie DF SF EF
- Mrs.Crimble's Sponge Mix DF SF EF GF WF
- Peppa Pigs Muddy Puddle Cupcake Mix - available from Tesco DF SF EF
- Postman Pat Cake Mix - available from Tesco DF SF EF
- Tesco Lemon Drizzle Cake Mix - DF SF EF
- Tesco Everyday value Sponge mix - DF EF
- Tesco Victoria Sponge Mix - DF SF EF
- Toy Story Cookie Mix - available from Tesco DF EF
If you’re looking for dairy and soya free cakes to buy in a supermarket, ginger or carrot cakes are usually the best options to try. Check our recipes section for dairy free cake recipes. Also see Snacks & Pies.
If you are looking for soya cheese there is a huge range available, Tesco have just released their own "free from" range and the other big supermarkets will no doubt follow suit.
The choice of dairy and soya free cheese is limited to just four that we have found in the UK so far, Cheezly, Vegusto, MozzaRisella and Veganic foods. Most manfauctures have "where to buy" pages on their websites.
- Cheezly by Red wood whole foods have a great range of dairy free soya based cheese, also Cheezely Soy Free! DF WF GF (+ one SF)
- MozzaRisella Rice based Mozzeralla style and cream cheese style. DF SF WF GF
- Sheese vegan cheese do a great range of soya based cheese DF WF GF
- Veganic foods Potato starch based pizza cheese and cheese slices DF SF WF GF
- Vegusto is by far our best find, this Swiss company use almond and cashew nuts to create their stunning range of dairy and soya free cheese and even readymade cheese sauce! DF SF WF GF
Yes there are dairy, gluten and even soya free alternative chocolates! Some are available direct from high street stores or online, others you may have to search for online. Click on the links to open a new window to the manufactures web site.
- Booja Booja Dairy Free Chocolate Truffles DF WF GF (+2 Soya free choices)
- Celtic Chocolates Dairy free chocolates DF WF GF
- Choices - DF chocolate available in sainsburys and ASDA. DF WF GF
- D & D Dairy & Gluten free dark chocolate (some Soya free.)
- Moo Free These are best for kids, they do Christmas and Easter specials & have a range of small different flavour bars. DF S WF GF
- Mulu Raw Chocolate Vegan raw cacao chocolate, DF SF GF WF
- Plamil Milk style chocolate, produced in a nut free factory. DF SF GF WF
- Zero Zebra Allergen free chocolates. These are only available from limited online and high street stockists,
For whipping and aerosol see W.
As a replacement for pouring cream there are soya, oat, rice and coconut creams. They are widely available in supermarkets and from online & high street health food shops.
- Alpro Soya, fresh and UHT single cream alternative
- Provamel soya alternative to single cream
- Oatly, Oat milk alternative to cream.
- Bio Rice cusine, excellent for cooking DF SF WF GF
- Soyatoo, Soya, Rice & coconut alternative to double cream (also whipable!)
- Devonshire Klotted Kream - Dairy and Soya free clotted cream style cream!
- Blue Dragon make a UHT coconut cream which can be used in cooking or as a pouring cream. They also make coconut milk in cans, which can be used in cooking or ice cream, but they do have a coconut taste so not suitable for all cream replacements, available from oriental shops and most major supermarkets.
Crisps can sometimes contain milk even when you wouldn't normally expect them too, milk powder can be used in the flavouring as a base rather than wheat flour, although this is gradually changing; ALWAYS check labels before you buy. Many of the non potato based snacks contain soya or gluten but you can find little gems by looking at supermarkets own versions, especially places like Aldi and Lidle.
- Pom bears, ready salted DF
- Co Op Bacon fries & salt and vinegar twists (sharing size) DF SF EF
- Tesco Prawn melts (sharing size) DF SF EF (also fish free!)
- Aldi "melts" DF SF EF
- Some varieties of Walkers & Smiths crisps are dairy, soya & gluten free
- Golden wonder Salt and vinegar Ringo's DF SF EF
Chicken fingers, nuggets, burgers see frozen
Curry See Indian
Custard See deserts
Deserts (for Ice Cream - see I)
- Alpro - wide range of soya deserts acailable in supermarkets of all sizes.
- Birds Custard powder is a versatile product that is suitable for almost all allergy combinations, providing you use a non dairy milk replacement. You can mix it with any milk alternative including formula milk. Making it extra thick you can set it in the fridge for a creamy yogurt alternative and mix it with tined or your own home poached fruit.
- Cheese cake
- Food Heaven Siciclian Lemon & Summer Friuts Vegan Cheesecake available from goodness direct. DF WF GF EF
- Mama Cucina Vegan cheesecakes, Mango & Passion Fruit, and Strawberry DF WF GF EF
- Shambhu's Vegan Cheesecake, Mixed berries, lemon and coconut and chocolate chip DF WF GF EF
- Jelly is a good option; you can add custard and fruit to make trifle! See the recipes section for a milk jelly recipe!
- Pudology chocolate, strawberry and banoffee deserts DF WF GF EF
- Rice pudding and bread and butter pudding recipes can be found in the recipe section.
- Smoothies Most supermarkets do their own fruit based fruit snacks, Tesco and ASDA do a good range, these are long life so normally found near the fruit snacks (ie fruit flakes and pre made jelly) Innocent smoothies do a range of smoothie tubes which are also great for freezing for ice lollies in the summer!
- Alpro Soya yoghurt and desserts are widely available in supermarkets, DF WF GF EF
- CO YO Smooth creamy coconut yoghurt in 5 mouthwatering flavours, all DF SF EF WF GF. use the store locator on the site for your closest stockist also available from Ocado.
- Provamel soya deserst, available in some supermarkets, health food shops and online stores DF GF WF EF
- Tesco have their own soya based free from desert range.
- Wot No Dairy yoghurts by Redwood whole foods which are available from some Holland & Barrett stores and other high street & online health food shops, DF SF WF GF EF
Doritos Hot Salsa, Mild Salsa Red Pepper & Pepperoni & Fiery Red Pepper & Paprika Dip DF SF WF GF EF
Doritos Flamin BBQ Dip DF GF WF EF
Most of the big supermarkets stock at least one dairy free easter egg, although they contain soya lecithin, D&D, Montezuma's, Moo Free & Mulu all have a soya free egg.
- Booja Booja Have a range of Dairy Free luxury Easter Eggs, containing their delicious truffles
- D & D Have an excellent range of Dark Chocolate Easter goodies
- Montezuma's Dark chocolate Eggs are dairy and soya free
- Moo Free The only Dairy and Soya free Milk tasting Egg, and with the addition of a very reasonably priced mini moo bunny, they are the perfect choice for children, available in Waitrose and other independent high street retailers, click the link for details.
- Mulu Organic raw chocolate Egg, Dairy soya and gluten free.
Free From Foods Matter is a web site which has good resources for any most diets.
Flavoured Milk It is possible to flavour alternative milks with Nesquik or other dairy free milk shake mix.
- Oatley Chocolate Drink
- Kara Chocolate/Strawberry
- Rice Dream Chocolate/Vanilla (not suitable for under 5's due to levels of arsenic)
- Alpro Hazlenut milk
- Alpro Almond milk
- Alpro Soya Chocolate flavour
- Tesco have a new range of soya and coconut milks in chocolate and strawberry flavour, including lunch box size soya drinks.
Birdseye have a surprising range of milk and soya (and mostly egg) free frozen fish & Chicken.
- fish fingers all verities EXCEPT crispy batter are DF SF (all are also EF, except for crispy batter & Jumbo)
- Breaded cod cakes, DF SF EF.
- Baked to perfection Cod fillets with a tomato and rosemary sauce made with olive oil, King prawns with a sweet chilli sauce & Wild pink salmon fillets with a sweet chilli and ginger sauce are DF SF EF
- Coated chicken breast - Crispy, Garlic & Herb, Hot & Spicy, Light & Crunchy, Sweet & Smokey and Southern fried chicken. DF SF EF
- Takeaway Feasts - Original chicken popstars and original chicken strips DF SF EF
- Chicken Quarter Pounders DF SF EF
- Chicken char grills Peri Peri, Reggae Reggae, DF EF
- Breaded Chicken, nuggets, burgers, dippers, fingers, DF SF EF
- Birdseye frozen Chicken Pastry Bakes with Spicy Tomato & Red Pepper DF SF
Tesco, Asda & Sainsbury's - All stock own brand Gluten Free fish fingers which are DF SF EF WF GF
Most instant gravy powders are dairy free, but contain soya and gluten.
- Colman’s instant gravy in a tube, all verities are DF SF
- Free & Easy Gluten free gravy mix DF GF SF
- Antony Worrall Thompson instant gravy DF SF GF WF EF
- Oxo - contains Lactic Acid, but it is not milk derived. DF SF EF
- Knorr's - Entire range of stock except, Knorr Stockpot Beef & Knorr Stockpot Rich Beef are DF SF EF and many are also GF.
- Boots - Baby stock cubes are free from allergens and low in salt
There is a good variety of dairy free frozen desserts. You will usually find at least one variety in all the major supermarkets and also in health food or began shops. Also online shops like Occado.
- Bessant & Durey Vanilla, Lemon, Strawberry & Chocolate. Rich and creamy alternative to dairy ice creams made with coconut milk DF SF EF GF
- Booja Booja Hunky Punky Chocolate, Keep Smiling Vanilla M'Gorila, Coconut Hullabuloo, Feisty Winjin Ginger, Pompompus Maple Pecan. Made with a blend of water, agave syrup and cashew nuts, this alternative to dairy ice creams offer a whole new dairy free experience. Check the store finder for stockists. DF SF EF GF
- Kirsty's Freedom- chocolate, Strawberry & Vanilla flavoured alternative to dairy ice cream DF SF GF WF EF. Currently these are only available in limited stores, but will be available again soon, check the Kristy’s website for more information.
- Razzle Dazzle Shokalate, Hintamint & Bananadrama DF GF EF Mango Sorbet & Coconilla DF SF GF EF These "Ice Cream's" are available across the south west, check their website for stockists,
A lot of jars of curry sauce are dairy free, read the ingredients list carefully before purchasing.
- Uncle Bens Medium curry sauce is DF SF GF WF EF
- Aagrah curry sauces are authentic Indian sauces that are free from DF EF SF GF WF.
- Panjaban - Make DF SF WF GF EF curry base, available direct from their website and from some local stockists.
Frozen curry meals (also see ready meals)
- Birdseye Chicken Jalfrezi & Prawn Curry DF SF EF WF GF
Lager see Alcohol
Milk - for milkshake, or flavoured milk see 'F'
There are several nice tasting "milk alternatives" on the market, sold in most supermarkets & Health food shops. These include: - soya milk, oat milk, rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk & hemp milk. Opt for the Calcium Enriched variations of each.
- Kara Dairy Free - coconut milk
- Oatly - oat milk
- Rice Dream - rice milk, almond milk, oat milk
- Alpro - soya milk, almond milk, rice milk, Alpro 1+ soya milk with extra nutrients for toddlers.
- Provamel - rice milk, almond milk, soya milk.
- Good Hemp - hemp milk
N.B - Lactofree Milk is Not suitable for milk allergy sufferes, it has no lactose so may be suitable for those who are lactose intollerant, but still contains cows milk protein so is not suitable for those with CMPA/Ia2 milk is Not suitable for CMPA/I sufferes, it is free from casein but still contains whey protein, plus other milk proteins.
Rice Milk is not suitable as a milk drink for children under 4.5yrs due to levels of inorganic arsenic which are too high for their small bodies.
Tip! Mix milk's, e.g. half & half, for a better taste - rice milk sweet watery milk) mixed with oat milk (relatively “creamy” less sweet milk) is much more pleasant than either on their own.
- Pure Dairy free, Pure Soya and Pure Olive - dairy free spreads, you will find at least one variety available in most supermarkets and health food shops. DF SF EF GF WF
- Vitalite Dairy free - available in most supermarkets and health food shops. DF SF EF GF WF
- Stork, in a packet (firm block - not tub) DF SF EF GF WF
- Stork liquid - DF SF EF GF WF
- Flora White DF SF EF GF WF
- Flora Cuisine (liquid) DF EF GF WF
most varieties are dairy free, however most contain soya & Egg, and all contain gluten.
- Morrisons value instant chicken flavour noodles, DF SF
- Aldi Make in minutes Instant noodles, Chow Mein, Chicken and Curry flavour DF SF EF
- Tesco everyday value instant noodles Chicken flavour.
Nesquik -Banana & Strawberry DF SF GF Chocolate DF GF
Supermarket own brands normally contain the same ingredients, check before purchase.
Orgran is a leading brand manufacturing gluten free food products whose primary focus is on health and nutrition. Based on this philosophy, Orgran develops food products to assist people to improve their health and provide nutritional alternatives for those with special dietary requirements. Many people around the world trust Orgran to provide a large selection of healthy and tasty products that are free from major food allergens, minimising the need to decipher complex ingredient listings. Orgran offer a wide range of gluten free pasta, bread mixes, cake mixes, snacks and baking products.All Orgran products are Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg free, Yeast Free, GMO Free and Vegan.
All pre made pancakes contain milk, it is possible to adapt a dairy recipe by replacing the milk with a suitable milk replacement, we find Kara works best. There are also pancake mixes to which you just add milk alternative too that work brilliently.
- Victoria foods pancake mix bottle - DF SF
- Tesco Pancake Mix Bottle - DF SF
- Mrs Crimble's Pancake Mix - DF SF EF GF WF
- Gits Dosai Mix - A traditional South Indian snack prepared from fermented Rice lentil batter and fried crisp brown similar to pancake. SF SF EF GF WF
Don't automatically presume all will contain milk; there are some tomato based varieties that are free from milk, available in all supermarkets!
Almost all dried and unfilled fresh pasta is dairy and soya free. There are large amounts of Gluten free pasta available in supermarkets and online from Real Foods and Goodness direct.
Is usually free from dairy, soya, egg, wheat and gluten but always check the ingredients list.
If you need peanut free there are other nut butters, it is possible to find them in health food shops, and some larger supermarkets & Ocado. You will also find also online stores such as Goodness direct and real foods, below are the types we've found, do a product search on Real foods or Goodness direct for brands.
- Almond butter
- Brazil Nut butter
- Cashew butter
- Hazlenut butter
- Macadamia nut butter
- Pecan nut butter
- Rainforest butter - a mix of Brazil, Macadamia and Cashew nuts.
- Walnut butter
- Hemp seed butter
- Mixed seed butter - Sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, linseed, hulled hemp seed,
- Pumpkin seed butter
- Sun seed butters - Eskal do a crunchy and a smooth varity
Potato Products (Frozen)- Supermarkets own versions are also worth checking, Asda have a good range, as do Tesco.
- Birdseye potato waffles and mini potato waffles DF SF EF GF
- McCain potato smiles, Strait and Crinkle cut Oven Chips and Rustic chips DF SF EF GF
- McCain Wedges all verities Except "British" DF SF EF
- McCain Hash Browns DF SF EF GF
- McCain Crispy, Curly, Southern, Indian and Lattice Fries DF SF EF
- Birdseye individual frozen pies, all varieties DF SF
- Birdseye Large chicken and large steak pies DF SF
- Mr Kipling, Apple & Blacurrent pies DF SF
- Asda Smart Price Apple pies DF SF
Pizza available from online and high street health food shops
- Redwood Whole foods, Ham style and pinapple, Cheezly & Tomato DF EF
- Mama Cucina, Vegatable & Margarita DF GF EF
Pre Made Pastry fresh and frozen
Surprisingly nearly all are dairy and soya free, and available in supermarkets everywhere!
- Jus' roll all except the all butter are DF EF all except the all butter and sweet are also SF
- Tesco Puff & Short crust - DF SF EF
- Asda Puff & Short crust - DF SF EF
- Mcdougalls Puff Pastry - DF SF EF
- Mcdougalls Crumble Mix - DF SF EF
- Birdseye - Beef in gravy & Chicken Dinner DF SF
- Kirsty's - All 5 of Kirsty's ready meals are DF SF EF GF WF
- Moroccan Vegetables with Quinoa
- Sausage with Sweet Potato Mash
- Cottage Pie with Sweet Potato Mash
- Chicken Tikka with Brown Basmati Rice
- Spanish Chicken with Brown Rice
- Little Dish - Toddler ready meals, Spaghetti and Meatballs Pasta Bolognese DF SF EF
- Tesco Free From
- Tesco Free From Chicken Casserole DF SF EF GF WF
- Tesco Free From Vegetable Curry DF SF EF GF WF
Birdseye Rice Fusions, all varieties EXCEPT Egg fried rice, DF SF EF WF
Snacks & Sweets -
- Bear YoYo's - Available widely and the entire range is DF SF EF WF GF
- Goody Good Stuff - Fruit Jellys, entire range is DF SF EF WF GF & Nut Free
- Fruit bowl - Avaiable widley
- Fruit Flakes, Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackcurrent, Orange & Tropical DF SF EF WF GF
- School Bars, Strawberry, Blackcurrent, raspberry & Apple DF SF EF WF GF
- Fruit Peelers, Strawberry, Blackcurrent & Orange DF SF EF WF GF
- Fruit Softies (100% fruit chews) Tropical & Berry mix DF SF EF WF GF
- Fruit Factory, Lunch box snacks, Fruit Strings, Fruit Hearts & Fruit Stars DF SF EF GF WF
- Whitworths "Frootz" - Fruit buttons (like jelly tots, without the sugar!) available from Tesco, Asda, Co-Op, Morrison's and Waitrose plus selected independent retailers. All flavours, except yoghurt coated are DF SF EF WF GF
Most Broth type soups are dairy free, some a soya free. See our recipes page for alternative "cream of" recipes.
Stock cubes see gravy
- Mrs Crimbles Stuffing Mix Sage & onion - DF SF EF GF WF
- Hale & Hearty Traditional Stuffing Mix Sage & onion - DF SF EF WF GF
- Morrison’s Calcium and vitamin D supplements, for over 12's and adults
- Floradix Kindervital syrups, multi vitamins for babies and children, available from online stores and some high street retailers including Holland and Barrett.
- SOYATOO (granovita) brand who produce soya, rice and coconut double style pouring or whipping cream. They also make Soy Whip and Rice Whip, which are spray whip cream! Available from Real foods, vegan stores and goodness direct, links on the right.
- The Bridge, Are an Italian company who produce rice milks and cream. They make a thick organic rice cream. Not quite as thick as double cream this is a good thick texture, available from The Vegan Store (link on the right) and amazon.co.uk
Wine see Alcohol
X Y & Z
Yogurt see Deserts.
see our recipe section for dairy free, vegan (DF EF) and Dairy and gluten free Yorkshire pud recipes.
Alternatively use a pancake mix, but use more milk alternative for a thiner batter!
SF - Soya Free
EF - Egg Free
The information on this page was correct at the time of publishing, but the change of ingredients is beyond our control, so please ALWAYS study the ingredients list before you buy or use any products you have found on this site.
Allergy Advice Labelling.
Allergy advice labels such as "May contain traces" or "Made in a factory that handles" or "not suitable for **** allergy sufferers" are not legal requirements, therefore not governed by any external body.
This means that manufactures are free to put whatever information they choose on the packet.
In some cases the information is very helpful when choosing a product, but unfortunately in others it is misleading or unnecessary.
It is usually possible to call the manufactures for clarification of ambiguous allergen advice, for example after contacting Moo Free they told us that they state "may contain traces of soya" on their chocolates due to the fact one of the products they use in the manufacturing process states "may contain traces of soya." However the Moo Free factory is free from soya products, so any trace amounts would be infinitesimal.
Depending on the sensitivity and type of allergy your child has you may or may not be able to ignore these warnings. Your Paediatrician or dietician will be able to advise you about this.
**For the information on this site we have only concentrated on the actual ingredients lists on the labels, if you are following advice to avoid all traces please check the individual products for the manufactures warnings.**
Free From Foods Search
Online stores & Resources
Orgran is a leading brand manufacturing gluten free food products whose primary focus is on health and nutrition. Based on this philosophy, Orgran develops food products to assist people to improve their health and provide nutritional alternatives for those with special dietary requirements. Many people around the world trust Orgran to provide a large selection of healthy and tasty products that are free from major food allergens, minimising the need to decipher complex ingredient listings. Orgran offer a wide range of gluten free pasta, bread mixes, cake mixes, snacks and baking products.